It may be a very necessary holiday migration, or it is only one of those business trips, maintaining healthy eating habits while traveling can be a big challenge. It is difficult to avoid unhealthy food items, but if you are running in a long flight and in the next few days you are going out in meetings and it may seem impossible. You can get some tips about healthy food for traveling.
Pack It In Advance
At the moment, food is still allowed in all forms of transportation (aircraft, bus, train, boat), so to keep it in your carriage, pack food and snacks easily and use it for your benefit. If you are traveling from the airport, then all foods should be wrapped, packed or contained. In addition, more fluid than the 3.5 ounce rule applies here, so leave dressing, sauces, or creamy substances at home if they are more than that amount.
Here are 7 healthy food for traveling examples:
1. Dried fruit and nut mix – Combine your favorite combo and throw them in a completely divided snack bag. I have some favorite pistachios (shells) and dried cranberry or raisins and almonds. For low calorie, crunchier options, add a high fiber grain (> 6 GM fiber, <8 grams of sugar)
2. Protein powders – If you have a bottle of reusable water then they are very good. Throw the powder with water or the scheme milk and you have got a good treatment. Tera whey and Vega offer great well-packed packs!
3. A health food bar – Choose those who are made up of whole and least processed ingredients and at least 8 grams of protein. Also, see Chinese in these bars. Try to keep the target of less than 12 grams of sugar every time. The Good Bar, Luna, Luna Protein, and Simply Bar.
4. Veggies slices – If you do not have time to cut them, then buy them pre-cut and throw them in a sandwich bag. Here is an article on the best healthy snacks for the office which can make a great travel snack.
5. Fruit – Make it easy by throwing a portable fruit into your bag. Apples and bananas are very good for this.
6. Nut butter sandwich – Choose your favorite and slap it between 100% whole wheat or 2 slices of whole grain bread. I love Justin’s Nut Butter Travel Pack as an alternative too!
7. Turkey sandwich – Try low-sodium turkey breast (nitrate / nitrite-free is also a good option) on 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread with your favorite mustard. Indication: Adding mustard between turkey slices will stop the semolina bread.
This Article Submitted By: uptonutrition.com
Buy It On The Way Some Food For Traveling.
If you were not able to pack in advance, which is ideal, then you can choose the right option when buying food at the airport, train station, gas station or bus station. Some items available on some terminals.
It is important to be hydrated while traveling, which is especially important on long flights. We feel most comfortable when humidity is around 50% – which means air is saturated with 50% saturated water. Air can be reduced by 1% on long flights in the airline cabin.
Dehydration can cause headache, muscle spasms, fatigue, and low concentration. Water and herbal teas are great ways to go to you. If you are prone to harassing stomach or nausea, bring some herbal tea bags such as ginger or chamomile.
Skip The Salt
Airplanes have low humidity, which can lead to dehydration. Salted processed snacks like chips, as well as salted nuts, help speed with only that dull feeling while on board. Food for travel is healthy if it is less salty.